Friday, 3 March 2017

Style inspiration: Nicole Kidman (again)

It is probably no secret that Nicole Kidman is one of my favorite actresses. She is also a very elegant dresser and I usually love what she wears on the red carpet.

Of course, it is not difficult to look good on the red carpet, with a hairdresser, a visagist and a stylist who make sure you look amazing, but somehow Nicole Kidman also manages to look elegant and good when she is just walking on the street, going for lunch etc.

I always enjoy looking at photographs from Nicole Kidman to get some style inspiration. Of course, it is not possible to copy her clothes, since she is much taller and much (much) slimmer than I am. But I do feel there are certain 'ground-rules' I can take away from this.

Let's have a look at some photographs.

In these two outfits she looks very tall and very slim. I love the combination of good trousers, a top, a jacket and high heels, with a beautiful bag.


I have seen a lot of comments of people who do not like this outfit, but I must admit, I really like it very much. It is colourful and feminine and I love the pink scarf. This is actually something I would try to copy in a heartbeat!

Lovely combination of a dress with a jacket.
If you wonder where Nicole's right hand has gone, she was holding her daughter's hand in this photograph, but I do not feel it is right for me to publish a photograph of her daughter, so I cut that part of.

Great combination in dark-blue. Great hairstyle

Comfortable and casual. But certainly not frumpy. And in both cases you can see how she uses layers and something light underneath to make the outfit brighter.


This outfit is a bit more polished and chic, but still she makes it look very wearable. I think this woman can almost wear anything!


So what are the things that I notice? What are the things in Nicole Kidmans style I can try to copy for my own style?

- Simple, classic lines. Not too much going on in case of prints or frills.
- Neutral colours, but usually with a pop of colour (a bag or a scarf) or something lighter underneath to lighten things up and not make it too dark or boring.
- layers are not only comfortable, but also make an outfit complete.
- dress for your body-shape and enhance the good points
- dress comfortably
- do not wear too much jewelry.
- wear great sunglasses!

I do own a lot of dark neutrals, but I think I can really make a difference with some more colour in my outfit or combine it with something lighter. Also the long, simple lines are something I think are really flattering.

And I like how it shows how even a pair of jeans can look stylish, it all depends on what else you wear with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...