A visit to the botanical garden, part I

Last Saturday, my mother and I visited a beautiful botanical garden, located in Lelystad. Lelystad and the town I live in are built on new land, land that was conquered from the sea almost 40 years ago. Most of this new land Flevoland is polder. That means open spaces and lots of wind. You would not expect a botanical garden in a place like this, but there is one, and a very beautiful one. The owner started over 20 years ago with his vision, and he created a little paradise here.
We had a tour of the garden and it was beautiful, despite the rain.
The botanical garden (where you can also have tea) is called 'The wind in the willows' and more information (in Dutch) can be found here.
Here are some of the photographs I made, more will follow coming Friday.




 







 
 

Comments