Friday, 28 March 2014

Balcony, spring 2014

The weather here has been really lovely and Spring definately arrived here in The Netherlands. I always want to do things on my balcony when the weather is this soft and warm. It is too early for a lot of plants, but Violets are right for this time of year. And I love Violets, they are easily my favorite flowers.
 On the table, in a little basket.


Is there anything better than Violets?

This already begins to look great. On the left you can see the Snapdragon, that managed to survive the Winter. I cut of all the dead flowers and bits and I hope it will produce great flowers again.

These are the herbs I also kept from last year. They look like they need pruning, but perhaps I should have done that before the winter, I do not know. I will cut them back this weekend and hope for the best.

In the garden centre I could not help myself. I saw all the fruitplants and decided I wanted one for my balcony. This is a Tayberry, a crossing between a Raspberry, a Blackberry and a Loganberry. I planted it in a large pot and I hope it will produce fruit this Summer. Would it not be lovely to eat my own berries. homegrown on my balcony?

2 comments:

  1. Your balcony looks lovely Bettina... I'm not very green fingered myself as I have allergies to pollen and such but I always admire other's blooming flowers. Oh, and it looks like you have a great view from your balcony.
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jade. In my previous flat I had a really small balcony, but now I am very happy to have a larger one. I enjoy planting things and I have tried to grow some crops, with various succes. :-)
      The view from my living room is on this balcony, and yes, it is very lovely.

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...