A little home-improvement outside

I live in a flat and outside my frontdoor in the hallway, there is a little corner that is just empty space. I do not use it and never have used it and for years I just ignored it.
But for a couple of months I have been thinking about what I could do to make this hallway look a little bit more inviting.

Last week I went into a charity shop and I found this white table. It is 50cm by 50cm and it was not in perfect condition (it is a little bit damaged on the top), but I thought it would look good in that dark corner.

The table stood like this for a couple of days in the hallway, since I was still thinking how I wanted to dress it up.
Yesterday I had some time and I went shopping in several charity shops and a garden center. I found the framed poster and thought it was perfect. It adds some colour, but it is not over the top. There is a little crack in the glass, but it is hardly visible.

I also found the glass bottles and decided to buy some silk flowers, to make a lovely combination. In the garden centre I also found a little ceramic vase, perfect for covering up the damage on the table :-).
I am very pleased with the result. There is still enough room to get to my frontdoor and, it does not look cluttered. I kept it very simple, but I do not think it needs more. On the contrary, I think it looks fresh and inviting.

And the best part is I did not spend a lot of money! (not unimportant)
In total I spent 18 euro's 50.

Table 3 euro's 50
framed poster 3 euro's 50
glass vases: 2 for 80 eurocent
silk flowers and ceramic vase 10 euro's 70 (those silk flowers are the most expensive things on that table!)

Comments

  1. That looks really nice. I bet it makes you smile every time you come home and see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definately. And it makes me wonder why it took me 7 years to do this :-)

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment