What would Lady Mary do?

Always cool and collected: Lady Mary
Sometimes I find it hard to get the balance right. I tend to go overboard a little, sometimes in emotions, sometimes in eating or other things.

This is something I want to change. I want to be more in control. For example, I want to control what I eat and not that my food controls me.

I want to lose weight and become more healthy but leaving the chocolate, the cheese and the creamsauses alone, or at least only eat moderate amounts of it, proves to be not so easy.

Lately I have tried to adopt a role-model to change my own behavior. And for me there is one woman who is almost always cool and in control; Lady Mary Crawley. It is no secret I am a huge Downton Abbey fan, so Lady Mary came into my mind almost immediately.

And now, every time I want to eat something, or do something I aks myself; 'What would Lady Mary do?' Would she eat that extra piece of chocolate and feel bloated afterwards? Would she overeat on pasta and feel horrible the whole evening? Would she let her emotions run wild and make a nuisance of herself? No she would not.

In so far, strangely enough, it helps. It helps me to only take one biscuit, only a moderate amount of chocolate or not to let people know I am upset when it is not the time or the place for that.

In short, channeling my 'inner Lady Mary' has helped me take more control and I must say I quite like it!
Michelle Dockery who plays Lady Mary.
Lovely photograph

Comments

  1. Best of luck! Maybe I should consider finding a role model like that, too... Keep us posted on how things go for you in your quest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to look at life. I'm halfway through the last season of Downton Abbey and am really enjoying it...but I'll be sad when it ends. Tom just came back which was the best kind of surprise. Can't wait to see what happens next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't spoil it for you, I will only say that I loved the ending!!


      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment