Exhibition about Morandi

Giorgio Morandi
Last week I was very happy, I had the chance to see an exhibition from an artist I love very much.

I discovered Giorgio Morandi (1890-1964) when I was in Bologna last year. I really thought I would not see his work outside Italy, only when I would come back to Bolonga.

But there is now an exhibition about Morandi in The Netherlands, in a lovely new museum in the province of Friesland. This museum (museum Belvédère in Heerenveen) wants to show artists from the north of the country.

And a photographer from Groningen, Ada Duker, made photographs in Bologna and shows in her work how Morandi was inspired by the architecture of Bologna.

Giorgio Morandi lived his whole life in Bologna, and taught at the art academy. He is mostly known for his stillives. He painted vases, pots and bottles in various combinations, in a limited colourscheme. But if you look closely, you see the colours of Bologna and in his compositions you also see the architecture.
Giorgio Morandi

Ada Duker

Giorgio Morandi
I loved this exhibition, and the works of Morandi become more beautiful the more you look at it. His work is so peaceful and serene, it really is amazing.
I also loved the photographs of Ada Duker and saw the connections between Bologna and the works of Morandi!
Ada Duker

Giorgio Morandi

Comments

  1. Love the Ada Duker pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, aren't they great? I loved seeing them and I definately saw the connections between Morandi's work and Bologna, and after you have seen it once, you see it in all his paintings.

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment