Striking photograph by Erwin Olaf

Erwin Olaf is one of the most famous photographers of The Netherlands, and probably one of the best we ever had. He has exhibitions all over the world and is responsible for the beautiful and original portraits of the Dutch royal family in the last years.

When I went to an exhibition of modern art last week, I also saw one of his works hanging in the museum. It is called: Catwalk I (The Helena Slicher Weddingdress 1759) from 2012. I love how this photograph plays with the painted portraits of the 17th and 18th century. At first glance you think it is a painting, but then you see it is a photograph.

For me, Erwin Olaf is an amazing artist. This year will mark his 40 year workjubileum and there will be a large exhibition in The Hague to mark that occassion. I know I will go there, I would not want to miss it.


More information about Erwin Olaf can be found HERE

Comments

  1. Wow. That's pretty amazing! I'd love to see more of his photographs. And how cool that the Hague is doing an exhibition marking his work. That'll be something to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definately make a post about my visit to that exhibition!!

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment