Happy New Year and a few other things

To all of you: a happy New Year. I hope 2022 will be a better year for all of us. 



December

I took a little break of blogging in December, because December was not my month. First I had a terrible cold, then I had a breakdown at school and a week and a half before the Christmas vacation I had to stop teaching and take some rest. Then I had an eye-infection and to add insult to injury: my cat died. 

Marius was ill since August and we had hoped that a special diet would help him, since he was an impossible cat to give medication to. Unfortunately the special diet was not enough and the end had come. Far too soon, but sometimes this is how it goes. I am just glad my friend had come to support me so I did not have to do this alone and I am even more grateful the end was quite peaceful. He was a gorgeous and lovely cat and I will miss him very much. 

Marius (2013-2021)


This blog

I have been thinking about this blog and how I want to continue. I was often posting about museums I had visited, art I had seen and I shared photographs of my citytrips. Of course, in the pandemic there are not much opportunities for visiting museums or other cities. The content of this blog will reflect this. More photographs of my hometown, or sharing stories of the things I did. 

I think I will talk about books a little bit more than I did. And who knows what other things I can come up with when I get creative :-) 

I will try to post once a week, on a Tuesday, that is a schedule I quite like. 

So, my next post, coming week, will be about some great books I read recently! 



Comments

  1. I'm so sorry about your sweet cat! It's always so sad to lose a beloved pet. And the rest of your December did not sound much better. Here's hoping you're on the mend, and that 2022 ends up being a better and happier year. I look forward to reading your future posts. :D Happy New Year, Bettina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words about Marius. I was very sad to loose him, especially since it was due to illness and not because he led a long and happy life. (although I hope he was happy with me! :-) )

      All the best for you as well in 2022, let's hope it will be better (well, it cannot get much worse!)

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment