What have I been doing? (April, 2021)

I had a great Easter weekend, with lots of rest and reading, and watching a good series. I decided I would leave all schoolwork, so when I came home on Thursday, I put my bag in my workroom and I will pick it up tomorrow morning :-) Sometimes it is necessary to take a little time for yourself!

Balcony

I made plans for my balcony for the coming Summer, for example I want a new chair and I want a plant table. I am looking around online to see what is available, so when May comes, I know where I can get what I want and make my balcony beautiful again. I also want to grow some plants like tomatoes or something like that. I love the flowers and I really enjoy seeing things grow. 

This weekend, I just cleared away dead plants leftover from last year. I also wanted to clean, but the weather turned colder, so I will leave that for later. 

Books

I read an amzing book, The first woman by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi. It is set in Uganda and it is well written and very good. I think I will post a review here soon. 

I also read The little Paris bookshop, by Nina George. This is a lovely story about a bookseller in Paris who lost the love of his life 20 years ago. He finally realizes if he wants to move on, he has to find her and make peace with her. It was just the kind of charming story I needed. 

Yoga

This year I am sitting more behind my desk than ever before, with the online teaching we have to do. I feel my body is very stiff and it is also hard for my back. So since last week I am determined to do yoga every day for at least 10 minutes, and hopefully working up to spending longer on the mat. I have done a lot of yoga in the past, but at this moment there is nothing left of that, I am a beginner again. But that is fine and no problem. I do enjoy being on the mat again, and after three days I could already feel an improvement for my back. So that is hopeful!


Comments

  1. It is very important to take time for yourself! I'm glad you had a lovely Easter weekend. We had warm spring weather on Saturday and Sunday and today I woke up to snow. Spring is crazy in Utah. I enjoyed reading The Little Paris Bookshop, too. (Probably because it's set in France.) Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books set in France are often a good idea, and this one was charming :-)

      Spring is crazy here as well, we had snow and cold weather here the past week :-( Hopefully it will improve soon.
      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment