Inspirational art: Pupils from the knitting-school

 

This painting is painted in 1895 by Dutch painter Wally Moes. 

She lived from 1856-1918 and was a member of the painting school in the artist's village of Laren. She is known for painting romantic and often sentimental paintings, and most of her paintings did not stand the test of time, I think. 

But this one I absolutely loved. You see here three little girls who were pupils of the knitting school, and you see them with their knitting, while they walk. I saw this painting at the exhibition about Jan Veth I wrote about a couple of weeks ago, because Wally Moes was a friend of Jan Veth. 

Comments

  1. I love this one, too. Those three girls are so cute walking and knitting. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really like this image and I can imagine these girls walking and talking while knitting.

      Kind regards, Bettina

      Delete

Post a Comment