Wrapping up September

September is almost over and I thought it would be nice to look back at this month, and to look forward to October.

Back to school
School began again in September and within a couple of days it felt like there never was a Summer vacation. Although the first weeks are always especially hectic, things are getting back to their normal routine and things are okay. I like most of my groups and my students, and that is the most important thing.

Proud
I want to get healthier and in a better shape, and a few weeks ago, I joined a gym! And I am very proud of myself for going there twice a week, as scheduled. I did not skip once, not even the morning when I had a terrible headache. I go on Saturdaymorning and Wednesdaymorning, and although I often do not feel like going, I do feel good once I am doing my round in the cardioroom and later at the fitness equipment, and I feel super after I am done!

I loved
The flowers I got. A couple of weeks ago I told you about the flower-workshop I did and that you could subscribe to getting a beautiful bunch of flowers deliverd to your house each week or every two weeks, just as you prefer. Well, in September I got my first flowers, and I loved the combination. I got the small bouquet, but this was more than big enough for my dining table. Lovely colours and some very special and unique flowers.
I have changed the water twice and took away a few flowers that were not fresh anymore, but this bunch lasted 2 1/2 weeks!


Books and films
I tried not to buy any books this month, but of course I failed. I bought a very beautiful Dutch novel that is set in 19th century Russia and that I loved very much.

I also bought a cookbook by Tessa Kiros, about the French kitchen.
I really like her cookbooks and I could not leave this in the shop. So I bought it. I will tell you more about it soon.

I did not see any films in the theatre, but I did watch the series The Kennedys on DVD. More about that later as well!

Looking forward to in October
There will be some very nice things for me in October. There are at least three exhibitions I want to go to. The first one is in the Hermitage museum in Amsterdam and this will be a special one, since I became a friend of the museum and I will have the chance to see the exhibition before regular visitors do. Not just me alone of course, but all the people who are friends of the museum are invited. The exhibition has paintings from Dutch 17th century masters, that were collected by the Russian tsars. Some of these paintings come back to The Netherlands for the first time in 300 years!

The Van Gogh museum also has a great exhbition lined up about Dutch painters in Paris, and the Singer museum (also a favorite of mine) had an exhibition about modernist paintings. I think all of these exhibitions will be very beautiful.

And I am very much looking forward to my little trip to Nice in France in the vacation. I have never been to the south of France, and I hope for good weather and a lovely city to explore

Comments