A little update

We are not going to Nice, but it will be Summer!
These last weeks of the schoolyear are as hectic as always, as you are making sure all the things are finished in the right way, but you are already preparing for the new schoolyear.

But I have tried to do other things as well. As the lockdown restrictions are slowly lifted, we still have to keep 1.5 metres distance. So I do not go into town for casual shopping, I tend to avoid large crowds and I avoid the public transport except when I have to go to school. 

I have decided that this year I will not make a trip abroad. I hope the situation will be different next year and I will be able to make my city trips again. This coming Summer vacation I will visit a few areas of The Netherlands, but I will again avoid public transport as much as possible. In short, I will go by car, or I will not go. 

My bike has been repaired, so I am able to cycle again and this makes me very happy. I live in an enivornment with a lot of green and this makes for perfect little cycle trips. 

I have been decluttering and minimalizing a lot. Clothes and books have been gone to the charity shops in a large amount and I am also getting rid of things I do not use and do not need. This is an ongoing process, but so far I have got rid of: 
- four bags of books for my parents
- seven bags of books for the charity shop
- three bags of clothes for the charity shop
- five bags full of trash. 

I love watching minimalism and decluttering video's on youtube, it is often very inspirational!

Some great books in the last weeks, I loved Days without end by Sebastian Barry and the sequal, A thousend moons. I also read The confessions of Frannie Langton by Sara Collins and I thought that was excellent. I will post review of these books soon. 

Coming week is the last week of this schoolyear, but after that I am a free woman for six weeks. Something to look forward to!

Comments

  1. Hope you enjoy your six weeks of vacation! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I think that won't be a problem :-)

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment