Painting by Berthe Morisot

 

En promenade au bois (1876)

Last week I went to a museum for the first time in a long time (last time was in December 2020). I went to the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam and there I saw this painting by Berthe Morisot. 

She was an Impressionist painter and married to the brother of Eduard Manet. In 2019 I saw a whole exhibition dedicated to her in the Musée d'Orsay in Paris (absolutely amazing) and since then, I have been a fan. I love how for her painting meant the world and that she was not planning to stop just because she had married and became a mother. She was lucky to have a husband who supported her in that respect!

I love her style and the way often a painting does not seem to be finished. Often she paints women and children. I am glad the Van Gogh museum also has one of her paitings, because I thinks she deserves to be more known. 

Comments

  1. I love Berthe Morisot!!! There's a book of her letters that's really interesting; t's called Correspondence and it's edited by Denis Rouart. It gives you a glimpse into Morisot's life that I found fascinating. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that book sounds really good, unfortunately, it is no longer available, I think (al least, I could not find it). But Berthe Morisot is an amazing painter and I am glad I saw one of her paintings in this exhibition!

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment