Travelplans for 2018

For me going away on a citytrip a couple of times a year is a luxury and something I enjoy very much. I prefer a city-trip to a longer vacation and in the past years I have increased the amount of trips I make.

Half the fun is of course planning and looking forward to the trip and I am already making plans for the coming year.
So what do I have planned for 2018?

February: 
In the last week of February I will not go abroad but have a little getaway in The Netherlands. A retreat, since I will be spending a couple of days in an abbey, getting some much needed rest I think!

March
In March I will go to Porto in Portugal again. Technically this is work since it is an exchange for school and I will be going with a colleague and 24 students, but it is still fun. I am very much looking forward to being in Porto again, enjoying the amazing weather, the great food and the very friendly people!

May
I have not booked this holiday yet, but I will soon. For May I am looking at an Italian city I never visited before, and that is Napels. I think I will go there 4 days and I hope to get a good impression of this wonderful and vibrant city!

Summer
It has been too long since I was in Rome, so Rome is on my radar for this Summer. No idea yet how long and in which weeks (the first weeks of my Summer vacation I think, and probably 5-6 days) and I am already thinking about the things I want to see again and of course the new things I want to do.

Autumn
This trip is not sure yet, it will depend on my bankaccount! But perhaps a few days in either Paris or Nice would be possible in the last weeks of Oktober. I so hope so. I loved being in Nice last year in Oktober, and I think it was such a beautiful place I will love going there again. But we will see. And even if I do not go away in the Autumn, I think I cannot complain about travelling in 2018!
Even if I go to Nice, I do not think I will stay at the Hotel Negresco!

Comments

  1. I know I should appreciate my own country’s beauty but I wish I lived in Europe. There’s so much more to see and do. Especially these city trips. Have fun on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am always a bit jealous of the great outdoors you have in the US, we do not have that in The Netherlands. But I do enjoy visiting the different cities in France and Italy, and the fun part is that the distance is not huge, so that makes it easier to travel.

      Kind regards,

      Delete
  2. Naar welke abdij ga je, Bettina? Ik ga al een aantal jaren naar de Sint Adelbertabdij in Egmond, zo fijn daar. Fijne week, lekker veel lezen en een wandeltje af en toe. Groetjes, Anita de Boer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wat leuk dat je ook hier kijkt! :-) En wat grappig, ik ga idd naar de Sint Adelbertabdij in Egmond! Ik heb er zoveel zin en en kijk er heel erg naar uit. Wat leuk dat jij daar ook regelmatig komt (hoewel ook, voor mij is dit de eerste keer daar)

      Groetjes,

      Delete
    2. Ja, ik lees al je blogs ;-).
      Gaaf, Egmond!

      Delete
  3. How fun that you have so many small trips planned! I'm saving up for a big trip this year...fingers crossed that I can pull it off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get a bit homesick after a few days, that is why I prefer smaller trips of just a couple of days at the time! :-)
      I am curious to know where you want to go to, have you decided yet?
      Kind regards,

      Delete
    2. I'm shooting for Egypt. I've always wanted to see the pyramids and the temples at Luxor and Abu Simbel. And I've never been to the continent of Africa before, which is an added plus.

      Delete
    3. Oh wauw, Egypt, I can imagine that will be a wonderful trip, but a lot of planning and saving money ahead!

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment